Wednesday, April 20, 2011

First Post Ever

So I wanted to get on here and write my very first post. I starting reading blogs because of a crazy college paper assignment. Through that assignment I learned that you didn't have to sound intelligent or talk about anything in particular to have a blog that is enjoyable to read. That encouraged me to start my own blog and just write whatever I wanted to write. So here I am.

I wanted to take a post and explain a few things. First of all, my screen name: faithinpresentdarkness. I am also known as faithinthedarkness, but too many people took the name to mean that I have faith in darkness. The real meaning of the name is that I have faith while I'm in darkness. Hopefully this new name better conveys that meaning. The name carries several levels of meaning. First off, I am a Christian struggling to have faith in a dark world. I am also an abuse survivor relying on faith in the midst of the pain of healing. The URL for my blog is simplylifebyfaith. This also has two meanings. The blog is "Simply Life" and it is written "by faith (faithinpresentdarkness)." It also points to the Bible where Paul writes in Romans that "The righteous shall live by faith." Hence, simply life by faith. I hope I'm making sense.

I will conclude with a list of several but not all of the possible topics I will write about in this blog
  • God
  • psychology
  • video games
  • books
  • family friendly entertainment (ex. Disney)
  • counseling
  • Sexual abuse and rape
  • college/grad school
  • nerd culture
This is definately not an exhaustive list but I listed what I could think of so the reader has an idea of what I'm going to be talking about in this blog. I will close with a funny question that I am still trying to find the answer to: Do they make skin-colored bandaids for black people?

You have been reading Simply Life by Faith
Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment