Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Great Reading Material

5-8-11
I finished Bethany Hamilton’s book, Soul Surfer, today!!! It is an amazing book! The book showed me how she struggled with healing emotionally from the attack. She’s the strongest woman I know and reading her own words about how she struggled is really encouraging to me. When I first watched the movie I felt that she barely struggled at all, especially compared to me struggling to heal from abuse. It kinda made me feel somehow weak, but I knew that wasn’t the message the movie was meant to tell. There was more to it and reading her honest thoughts on the subject of her attack and healing, I got a better picture of it. Yes, she did struggle, but she trusted God and that’s what got her to where she is today. I’ve been actively trusting God in my healing for 4 ½ years and God has done amazing things in my life. I never thought I could smile, relax, breath, dance, or open up to people the way I do now. Now, I truly live.

Today I was reading my Bible and I came across the story of the sinful woman who washed and anointed Jesus’ feet (Luke 7:36-50). Jesus was dining at the house of a Pharisee. This woman washed his feet with her tears, wiped them dry with her hair, anointed them with expensive oil from an alabaster jar, and never ceased to kiss his feet. Can you imagine kissing the feet of the Lord of the Universe? That thought blew my mind. She had so much faith in God that she abandoned herself to her Lord and worshiped him openly before all the guests at the Pharisee’s house. The Pharisee looked down upon this woman and couldn’t believe that Jesus allowed her to touch him, but Jesus pronounced this woman’s sins to be forgiven. I think this is one of the most beautiful stories in the Bible.

You have been reading Simply Life by Faith

-Faith_inpresentdarkness

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you read that fast! It must have been good! Miss you, friend!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete