Friday, May 20, 2011

He is my security

5-18-11
Today I rolled out of bed to answer my cell phone. It was my roomie, Jancee (check out her blog http://www.nerdycollegekid.blogspot.com/). What she told me started out sounding like bad news, but then God helped me to see the real situation. Jancee called the apartment complex that we were planning on moving into this morning to check when we could come up and sign the lease for the apartment. The apartment we had set our sights on is no longer available. They told us that the people who had been living in that particular apartment were being evicted because they couldn’t pay the rent. However, the man who owns the apartment complex is a very kind-hearted and understanding man. He was working with the people, not wanting to have to evict them. One of them found a job lately and now they are able to pay the rent again and won’t be evicted. At first, I was really irritated that we seem to have lost a lot of progress towards finding an apartment. I was hoping to hear that we could come up as soon as possible to sign the lease. However, God helped me see the situation with a better perspective. The people who live in that apartment were struggling and came really close to being without a home. They are people just like my roomie and me, people that need a safe place to live. If they had been thrown out how could I really justify rejoicing over having an apartment? Instead God worked it out so that they can now pay the rent and still have a roof over their heads. I think that’s something to celebrate and be happy about. My roomie and I are still looking for a place to stay, but I’m not worried. I realized that I was relying on our human strength and resources to get a place to live before all the available places are taken. Now I can see that my roommate and I finding an apartment is in God’s hands. He provides for his children. No matter what happens, I will trust him with his plan for me. I don’t know what his plan is or where it will take me, but I have faith that his plan is best. I know he will take care of us and the situation we’re in is not a setback but a step closer to his plan for us.

You have been reading Simply Life by Faith

-Faith_inpresentdarkness

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's really cool that you can have such a good attitude about the situation. I hope you all find a good apartment soon, even though it makes me sad to not have you all here next year.
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete